Leek & Potato Soup
I had an extra leek laying around from when I made the Scotch Chicken recipe last week, so I figured I’d have a crack at leek and potato soup.
The ingredients don’t go much too further than the name of this recipe would lead you to believe. You just need a leek, potatoes, broth, cream, seasoning, and some bacon!
Because I was trying to record the process, it took me five-ever to do the veggie wash and prep. I have no estimate for how long this took, but we got 4 servings of soup out of it.
The recipe is really simple though. I have no doubt it would have been quick if I hadn’t been struggling to balance my phone on random things to try to get videos.
Since the video will be coming out soon, I’m going to skip the explanation and jump right into the recipe.
I’m hoping to have my video up next Monday, so stay tuned!
Stay Riled Up & leave a comment if you give this recipe a try!
Rile Up Your Kitchen!
- 1 Leek
- 10 Russet Potatoes
- 4 c Chicken Broth
- 4 Strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 c Heavy cream
- 2 Bay Leaves
(Makes 4 Servings)
- Wash & chop the leek and potatoes
- Cut the bacon into small pieces
- Put the potatoes and 2 cups of the broth into a pot. Add salt, pepper, and thyme to taste. Add the bay leaves. Bring to a simmer, cover, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside. Leave as much bacon grease as possible in the skillet
- Sautee the leeks in the residual bacon grease with salt & pepper.
- Mash the potatoes and add the remaining 2 cups of broth. Stir the broth in.
- Add the leeks and bacon and stir them in.
- Add the heavy cream, turn off the heat, and serve the soup!
Check out my instagram highlights for a sneak peek at the first cooking video!